Gayle brings her expertise in building improved outcomes to help partners accomplish increased student success in retention, progression, and completion. She also works with school districts to build leadership strengths and develop strategic plans.
All of Gayle’s leadership positions have been inaugural positions. She has been able to harness her expertise, leadership experience, and collaborative teamwork to accomplish success where it matters most to the students and institutions which she served.
Gayle has spent her career impacting student success for education institutions. She has been recognized for developing leaders in ways that have elevated the profession of academic support services at the university, state, and national level.
Gayle was the inaugural Director of Academic Advising and the inaugural Assistant Vice Provost for Retention, Progression, and Completion at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In addition to the leadership and mentoring opportunities that these positions afforded, Gayle was also at the forefront of development and implementation of the student success platform for predictive analytics at the university. She was also a leader of the implementation team for PeopleSoft, concentrating on the academic advising module for the university.
Gayle was honored as Chair of the 2015 National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) annual conference. She has been recognized for her leadership on the national boards of emerging leaders and publications. She also served as regional representative for the national NACADA regions collaborative.
Ed.D. Curriculum & Instruction (Emphasis: Diversity Studies) | University of West Florida
M.A. Student Personnel Services | Northwestern State University
B.G.S. General Studies | Northwestern State University
- Association of Colleges for Tutoring and Learning Assistance | Keynote Speaker
- Student Success Collaborative | UNLV Academic Team Lead
- Top Tier Student Success Committee | Chair
- National Academic Advising Association Annual Conference | Chair
- Academic & Student Affairs Leadership Council | Chair
- NACADA Publications Advisory Board
- NACADA Emerging Leaders Board
- Nellis Air Force Base Women’s History Month Celebration | Keynote Speaker
- National Advising Association | Emerging Leader Mentor
- National Advising Association | Division Leadership Representative
- National Academic Advising Association for Region 9 | Chair
Leadership Development, Student Success, Retention, Progression, and Completion
Evidence-Based Leadership, Nine Principles for Organizational Excellence
Transparent Design in Higher Education Teaching and Leadership (Contributing Writer)
Stylus Publishing, 2016
Beyond Foundations. Developing a Master Academic Advisor. (Contributing Writer)
Advising administration at a time of financial crisis.
Academic Advising Today, 2010