Senior Director of Thought Leadership
A champion of continuous improvement, Pat focuses on building system, leader, and team capacity. She is extensively trained in tools and processes that create a continuous improvement mindset. She is a recognized leader, consultant, presenter, executive coach and mentor.
Pat is a first-generation college graduate. Her education opened a world of opportunities and inspired her passion for building leadership strength at all levels of the organization.
She has served 38 years in public education, most recently as a Superintendent in the School District of Menomonee Falls, WI. During that time, Pat was recognized for growing teacher and leadership capacity, improving system and team performance, and achieving results valued by the communities she served. Her team rose to become recognized state and national leaders.
- Student performance shifted from at-risk to top decile
- Leadership broadened
- Recognized as a “Top Work Place” for Large Businesses for six consecutive years.
Pat shares her expertise and dedicates her time to writing and consulting with leaders and organizations focused on improvement.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
- US Department of Commerce Baldrige Board of Overseers
- Sweden’s Association for Quality
- American Association of School Administrators
- AASA New Leader Mentorship Program
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Improvement University and Collective Impact
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee Administrative Leadership Advisory Committee
- Strive Together Network for Collective Impact
Ph.D. Educational Leadership, Policy and Curriculum | University of Wisconsin – Madison
M.S. Educational Leadership | University of Wisconsin – Madison
M.S. Special Education Leadership | University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
B.S. Special Education & Reading | University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
Continuous Improvement, Change Theory, Systematic Improvement, Process Improvement, Employee Engagement
Evidence-Based Leadership, Nine Principles for Organizational Excellence, Baldrige Excellence Framework, PDSA
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Culture to Overcome Crisis
Wisconsin School News Magazine, 2021
Making Improvement Stick
School Administrator Magazine, 2018
Succession Planning: Unleashing the Power of Your People
Studer Education, 2019
Lean for Education
Quality Assurance in Education, 2016
Quality improvement results in a system for learning
Wisconsin School Board Journal, 2013