Casey helps educational leaders create people-first organizations where individuals want to be, thrive, contribute, and grow — all while achieving results. She draws upon decades of K-12 experience as a teacher, literacy specialist, and leader in school administration.
Across her career, Casey has:
- As a director of curriculum and learning, led a 4,000-student school district to a fully virtual learning model over four days in March 2020, ensuring continued learning, support, and connections for students and families.
- Completed research on the use of improvement science methodologies in K-12 education and then applied her learnings, leading to the reversal of a two-year declining trend in reading proficiency rates in a school district.
- Led the creation of a community-wide early literacy project designed to link community and educational organizations to develop a language- and literacy-rich environment for children from birth to three years old.
Prior to joining Huron Studer Education, Casey served as the director of curriculum and learning for the School District of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Casey has served as a high school social studies teacher, a literacy specialist, an associate principal, an elementary principal, and a high school principal.
Casey holds a bachelor’s degree from Marquette University and a master’s degree in literacy from Concordia University Wisconsin. She completed her doctorate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in educational leadership and policy analysis. Her research interest is the value of improvement science to education, with a specific focus on positive deviance methodology. Casey has an orange belt in Six Sigma for education.A regular speaker at education industry events, Casey has presented at the Carnegie Foundation Summit multiple times, as well as state, district, and professional conferences and conventions.
- Empower Your Team: Using Plus/Delta as a Template for Making Improvement Decisions
- Effectively Using Data to Make Tough Decisions
- EP178: Measures That Matter and Decision Rules
- EP158: Listen to People to Continuously Improve
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Continuous Improvement
- Change Management and Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Improvement
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Process Improvement
- K12 Education
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin – Madison
- M.S., Concordia University – Wisconsin
- Teaching Certificate, Marquette University
- B.A., Marquette University
- Six Sigma orange belt certified