Kathy is an education leader and coach for organizations across the public, private and nonprofit education sectors. She collaborates with school and system leadership to align priorities and foster high-performing cultures that generate lasting results.
Kathy has delivered more than 7,000 hours of professional development to leaders and educators nationwide. With a deep passion for designing unique adult and student learning experiences, her expertise as a curriculum designer has equipped her to lead school improvement initiatives in some of the most challenging demographics in the country, including large urban and small, rural districts.
Kathy has published professional development materials for thousands of educators across the country. Her work includes pioneering a national youth educational outreach program for highly-recognized organizations like the National Football League that reached more than 1 million youth across its 12-year run. She has also managed university, school and teacher leadership partnership programs for the National Writing Project.
Prior to joining Studer Education, Kathy held administrative leadership roles within the Florida Department of Education, managing federal grants and delivering professional services to the state’s 67 counties.
- Case Study: From CSI to a Top 5 School – Erwin Middle, a Jefferson County Success Story
- Progress Not Perfection: Find the Wins and Capture the Learning from this Year
- How One School District Hardwired Continuous Improvement Practices to Change their Culture and Adjust through Disruption
- How Estacada Schools Delivers Best-in-Class Communication
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Cultural Change
- School and Classroom Improvement
- K12 Education
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D., University of North Florida
- M.S., State University of New York at Oswego
- B.S., State University of New York at Oswego
- Sententia Gamification Certification