Prior to joining Huron Studer Education, Dr. Fowler served in multiple leadership roles in education with an emphasis on promoting educational equity and system improvement. She has served as a science, history and AVID teacher, an induction mentor, elementary and middle school site leader, district administrator and state leader. She has worked in both traditional public schools and public charter networks.
Most recently, Amy served as Deputy Secretary for Vermont during the authoring of the state response to the Every Student Succeeds Act and as the Chief Academic Officer for Downtown College Prep, a charter management organization dedicated to ensuring that first-generation college goers can achieve their college dreams. Through her professional career, Amy has worked to support students, teachers and fellow leaders to enhance educational programs that reduce inequitable learning outcomes and to develop the skills and efficacy of those who learn, work and lead in our schools.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Cultural Change
- K12 Education
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- M.Ed. Administrative Leadership, California State University Northridge
- M.Ed. Secondary Teaching, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. History, University of California, Los Angeles
- Educational leadership certification and licensure in Vermont
- Examining organizational learning in schools: The role of psychological safety, experimentation, and leadership that reinforces learning (2011)
- Exploring the “Quality” of Principals’ Ratings of Teacher Performance: An Exploratory Case Study (2012)
- Speaker and Panelist, Chief Council of State School Officers (CCSSO) multiple presentations including Innovation Lab Network, Assessment and Accountability, Federal Liaison Meeting