Dr. Ashby’s five years as a superintendent built a strong belief in education and her mission in the field. Working in public schools for 29 years, Deanna has come to consider education a calling that has a positive impact on the community. That’s obvious through her emphasis on Team Hopkins – One Team, One Mission, One Community.
Deanna has served as a high school business and marketing teacher, guidance counselor, elementary and high school principal, and district administrator, all in Hopkins County Schools. She served as an educational consultant on the Kentucky Association of School Resource Officers board, served on the Commissioner of Education Superintendent Advisory Committee, and a mentor for Kentucky Women in Educational Leadership and Kentucky Association of School Administrators New Superintendent Onboarding Program.
- Poster Presenter: Carnegie Foundation Summit, 2022
- School Safety: Building Relations Between District Leadership and School Resource Officers, Journal for the Liberal Arts & Sciences, Spring 2020
- Partner Presenter: What’s Right in Education Conference, 2020 & Studer Destination High Performance Conference, 2019
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Cultural Change
- K12 Education
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Oakland City University
- M.A., Secondary School Guidance, Western Kentucky University
- B.S., Business & Marketing, Western Kentucky University
- Rank I, Secondary Guidance, Western Kentucky University