On April 19, 2017, leaders from throughout the Consolidated School District of New Britain participated in a high energy, leadership event to celebrate collaboration. More than 30 leaders, including board members, principals, union presidents, and the superintendent, enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared and served by NBHS students and their culinary teachers.
The participants reviewed and shared actions taken on the strategic plan and discussed the results of an Employee Engagement Survey and roll-out process.
Key takeaways from event participants:
- Service with a smile.
- Develop talent everywhere.
- Appreciate candor with the audience.
- There was connection/common ground among participants.
- We got a sense of others’ roles and our train moving in same direction.
- We recognize that there are areas for improvement and address them to benefit students.
The Superintendent and Board Chair will plan to continue this unique collaboration across all levels of the organization in 2017-2018. The team commits to unifying the district in its vision, “To pursue excellence, one student at a time.”