Stomp Out We/They Culture
There is a subconscious behavior that is common in organizations and can be dangerous to the culture. It’s called We/They communication. We/They communication occurs when a leader or employee positions themselves positively at the expense of someone else. We’ve all done it at one time or another, probably not realizing that it is harmful. We/They communication can have damaging consequences for an organization’s culture. Let’s begin this school year by focusing on how to stomp out We/They culture through building a culture of continuous improvement. In this Accelerate Your Performance podcast episode, Dr. Janet Pilcher discusses tactics on how to overcome We/They communication and examples of how to identify and adjust your communication in ways that promote unity.
This episode addresses questions, such as:
- What does it take to stomp out We/They culture and replace it with a culture of continuous improvement?
- How do We/They statements create division, and how can it negatively impact workplace culture?
- Why is it important to focus on positive communication and connect the dots for employees in ways that create unity?
- Stop Placing Blame
- Build a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Eliminate We/They
- Replace We/They With Ownership and Practice